Prevent T2 is a research based National Diabetes Prevention Program. This lifestyle change program led by the CDC is a proven way to delay or prevent type 2 diabetes. For questions or information on how you can get started, contact Melissa Waldron by email or by phone at 270-781-8039 ext. 130 or 1-877-641-5822 ext. 130
Click here to learn more about Prevent T2 from the CDC. Click the button below to see upcoming Prevent T2 events near you.
If you have these risk factors, you may be at a higher risk than others for developing prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. Race and ethnicity also affect your risk. African Americans, Hispanic/Latino Americans, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, and some Asian Americans are at particularly high risk for type 2 diabetes.
- You are overweight
- You are over 45 years of age or older
- Your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes
- You are physically active fewer than 3 times per week
- You ever gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds
- You ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes)
Click here to visit our Diabetes/Chronic Disease page.